Well, we've had some new things take place recently! First of all, we have officially sold Miguel's Coffeebar. It's bittersweet. That is where Miguel and I met. He's put his heart and soul into that place! I am so proud of him! But it was time to move on. The new owners are keeping it a coffeebar, but it will take on a new name. God's timing is so perfect. Miguel interviewed for a different job at a company called Medline and we found out early last week that he got the job! He starts September 8th! We are so thankful for the way that things turned out.
I started teaching 2 weeks ago. Of course, this time is always busy, busy, busy! And oh boy, these little second graders keep me on my toes!! Here's one example...we had 2 'pet' toads in our classroom as of Tuesday evening. But when I came in on Wed. morning, there was only 1. Great. I figured I was going to have a distraught little 2nd grader in my room very shortly. Well, everyone stayed pretty calm when I told them the news. We went all day, and still no toad. at 3:25, when chaos is in full swing 5 minutes before dismissal, one little girl was watering my plant and lo and behold she screamed out that she had found the toad! All 22 of my little buggers went running to see it! Somehow, it had escaped and made a new home in the soil of my plant! We still have no idea how that happened, but everyone was really glad to have Tommy Toad back with us! How it ever got there, we still don't know. Needles to say, it's quite a change going from 5th to 2nd! They're cute and want to please the teacher, but I do think that 5th grade or even a little older is where my passion really is.
All is going well in the pregnancy! I am 31 weeks and am doing very well! I don't have any complications and I feel pretty good! My only complaint is that my belly button REALLY hurts!! People around here know not to make me laugh because that it what they'll hear..."Don't make me laugh, my belly button hurts!" We still haven't settled on a name. This has been a hard process for us. I think we'll end up naming her in the hospital once we meet her.
The newest pictures are just a couple from our Labor Day weekend. We went to Crivitz, WI. And of course there is the naked belly picture, too!
14 years ago
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! I am sure you are feeling a lot of emotions from relief, excitement and sadness over selling the shop. Miguel it is awesome you have the new job starting on Monday! I am so happy for you guys. Denise you look awesome!! Your arms are thin and toned, and no stretch marks on your belly. You are also so tan!!! You look like you are ready to give birth already. I can't believe there is 2 more months to go! I wish I could be there to see and touch and be more of a part of everything:( Duane & I love and miss you and hope to see you all soon. -Pauline
Looking good Denise! The countdown is on!!!
Post a Comment